Keys For A Safe Place Of Business
Keeping a business safe is a high priority, since the lives of employees and safety of property must be protected. You can observe some steps for keeping your business safe, changing your locks and installing a professional security system in order to best keep your industrial business safe. To handle these matters, follow the tips in this article.
Common Business Safety Tips
To keep your business safe, you could start by following these tips:
- Have an emergency plan – Create an emergency plan and make every employee responsible for knowing the protocol for keeping the business safe. This safety plan can be helpful in the event of death, break-ins or fires.
- Hire a security company – You can hire professional security services at any hours that suit you, in order to best keep your property protected.
- Shred your documents – One of the biggest security hazards happens when intruders are looking for sensitive documents. To protect your sensitive information, schedule shredding on a weekly or monthly basis.
Change Your Locks
One of the simplest ways to keep your business safe is to change the locks. An industrial locksmith services company can do this for you for varying prices. Mobile fees cost between approximately $40 and $100, labor can cost between $120 and $220 or more and you might pay other fees depending on the type of locks that you purchase. There are many reasons that you might need to get your locks changed. Some reasons include the loss of a disgruntled employee, old locks that need to be upgraded and during any times of high turnover. This way, you won’t have to worry about an old employee accidentally misplacing a key, which might fall into the wrong hands.
Buy A Security System
There are many different types of security systems that you can purchase for your business:
- Video security – This lets you take in footage around-the-clock that can be used to protect your business and for insurance purposes. This service can cost you as much as $1500 for the installation and equipment, plus monthly fees.
- Security alarms – These alarms are connected to monitoring systems to alert the authorities if your property gets broken into. These fees and installations costs as little as $100 and can range upwards of $2000 in total depending on the services and equipment that you purchase.
- Electronic access – Many locksmiths service companies also install electronic access control systems. These systems provide codes and other forms of entry to make sure employees have proper access, while shutting out those who do not have access. These systems can cost $1000 and greater for each door.
These tips will keep your business as safe as possible. To learn more, contact a business like Vista Lock & Safe Co.